After my BIOS reset itself for some reason, my computer/cpu fan is running non-stop, so I installed speedfan so I can monitor the temperature of the four cores I have.
I was alarmed to see three "flaming fire icons" and assumed these cores were too hot but after some research here and here, it seems that maximum CPU temperatures are 60C - 70C and that 50C - 52C is still quite normal.
Here's the basic info about my computer hardware:
- Asus P5QL Pro Sockel 775 Intel P43 max. 8GB DDR2-1066 ATX
- Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 Sockel 775 2.5 GHz FSB 1333 MHz Boxed 2x3MB L2 Cach 95W Yorkfield
- 2x Team Group TVDD2048M800C5 2038MB (2GB) DIMM DDR2-800 / PC2-6400 CL5 184pin Non-ECC
- Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro CPU-Cooler Socket 775
- BE Quiet System Power BQT S6-SYS-UA-450W Netzteil 450Watt
- BE Quiet SilentWings BQT-T9225-LF Case Fan 92mm 16 dBA 32.6 CFM 1800rpm
Can anyone assure me that as long as the temperature of my cores stays below 55C they will be alright?