Greetings! This question regards dragging stuff to parts of a document which are "off the screen". For example:
- Dragging a spreadsheet in iWork Numbers to a part of the document that's "off the screen"
- Highlighting text across multiple pages using TextMate
When you reach the end of your visible document, OS X auto-scrolls non-visible parts onto the screen, letting you move something to a location off-screen. The same applies when highlight text that spans multiple pages.
Unfortunately this is VERY slow, especially when moving a spreadsheet across a ~100 page worksheet in iWork Numbers. Currently it does this:
- Dragging stuff "Up" goes semi-slow.
- Dragging stuff "Down" goes much slower.
How can you speed up auto-dragging?
- There are no System Preferences options for this (unless I missed it).
- This is not related to Mouse Scrolling speed
- My Macbook Pro is not slow (mid-2010 model, 4GB RAM)
My hunch is that this is a Mac OS X API feature of some Cocoa class, so it won't necessarily be a setting that Apple lets you adjust. It effects multiple applications (iWork suite, TextEdit). Perhaps there's a 3rd party utility that allows you to do it?
Thanks for any help!