I have purchased a pre-overclocked Asus P7H55-M motherboard / Intel i3 540 combo. I am going to use one SATA HDD and one IDE DVD RW drive. The motherboard only has one IDE sockets and several SATA sockets.
The problem I am having is that the BIOS only detects the SATA HDD and completely ignores the optical drive.
I have tried the following set ups:
- Setting the optical drive to Master/Slave/CS
- Moving the SATA drive to socket 2 rather than 1
- changing the optical drive with a spare
- changing the IDE cable
- Changing what connector to use on the IDE cable
- I cannot see any option in the BIOS relating to IDE.
---EDIT 14/11/10 - 15:39 -- SOLUTION:
The IDE controller was disabled within the BIOS. The setting was under advanced > onboard peripherals - I missed that option when checking the BIOS. oops!