I have found some laptop battery myths in here: http://batterycare.net/en/guide.html But I have a few more questions so that I can ensure that my battery will last longer.
- Do I really need to drain the battery for up to 10% and below if the laptop is new? Or can I charge it immediately on first use
- What if I charge the battery to about 25% then there's a sudden blackout and I'm not able to continue the charge would it decrease the lifespan of the battery?
- Does turning off the laptop while charging decreases its lifespan?
- Do I always need to full charge the laptop?
- Is there any application for windows that would deactivate windows aero and other battery draining features of the windows 7 OS when the laptop is not plugged in. And activates it when plugged in?
- Is battery care effective? http://batterycare.net/en/download.html
- Is it ok to interrupt laptop charging? For example, I'm at 20% charge, but then I need to move places, then continue charging again.