I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit and have regular updates, but my context menu (right click doesn't work) for the items in start menu cannot be displayed!! Is there any solution for this? Also, i have switched off many services, which are the services essential for the above to happen!
manishKungwani's answer was right on - but to be more specific:
- Right-click on the Start menu button.
- Click on "Properties".
- The "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" dialog box will come up, initially focused on the "Start Menu" tab.
- Click on the "Customize…" button (at the top of the pane).
- The "Customize Start Menu" selection menu will come up.
- The 8th (approximately?) major item down (in alphabetic order) is "Enable context menus and dragging and dropping". (It is confusing to have two dissimilar items together like that.)
It was very simple, right click on Start button > Properties > Allow right clicks was there somewhere in Customize.