Online I see a lot of brush collections. Sometimes they are tagged as High Resolution brushes. When you use these brushes you see "objects" appearing in the page while you draw (circles, for examples). I suppose every brush in photoshop is just a reference to a symbol that is drawn on the screen and duplicated as you move the brush. Is this always true?

Is there a way to simulate a pastel effect with the brush (example)? I have tweaked a lot with brush presets: I changed size, dynamics, scattering, transfer, noise, but none of this options seems to change effectively the look of the stroke. Is there something I am missing?



How about just using a free specifically pastel brush: http://creativemac.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=43163

first google result for "pastel brushes photoshop"

or http://bogusred.deviantart.com/art/Chalk-Brush-124521955

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.