What are some good bash tutorials? I would like to learn more about the bash shells commands and how to use them.
Advanced Bash Scripting Guide from The Linux Documentation Project pages.
(Also available as a PDF file if you prefer that).
- Recommended online resources for learning bash scripting
- How to learn your way through Linux’s shell
General search tags:
- Stackoverflow: bash+scripting, bash+script
- Serverfault: bash+scripting, bash+script, etc
- Command Line Fu -- for quick tricks (think of them as short tutorials)
Empty at this time...
But, don't go by that.
If you don't mind to pay for the best resources in book format:
- http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596526788/ (Bash Cookbook)
- http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596009656/ (Learning Bash - slightly outdated)
- http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596527761/ (bash Quick Reference - I do use it frequently...)
- http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596003302/ (Unix power tools - OK, not only bash. But it's a must have)
This is a great video tutorial for command line editing: http://teachmetocode.com/screencasts/bash-command-line-editing/