Found a way to really speed up Firefox - I've implemented it and noticed serious speed improvements. Can anyone comment ?
- Type in the Firefox address about:config
- Accept the Warning notification and continue
- At the top of the page will be a filter – search for, and adjust, the following settings:
- Then right-click anywhere in a blank space and select New –> Integer
- Name this integer “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to 0.
- Right-click again anywhere in a blank space and select New –> Boolean
- Name this boolean “config.trim_on_minimize” and set its value to True.
- Now in the Icon Tray, right-click on the Mozilla Firefox Icon and select Properties
- Under “Target”, you will see the line “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”
- Change this line to “C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe” /Prefetch:1″
- Ensure that there is a space i.e. \firefox”(space)/Prefetch:1″
Got this off a website I found via Twitter (removed link; see history if you care...)