We are using MS Project 2003 and MS Excel 2007.
We would like to export task data from Project to Excel. Anyone know how to do this?
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
Export timephased (or timescaled) project data to Excel:
If you want to display timephased (or timescaled) information in a Microsoft Office Excel 2003 graph or chart, you can export it using the Analyze Timescaled Data Wizard.
- On the View menu, click Gantt
- If applicable, select the tasks you want to export.
- On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Analysis.
- Click Analyze Timescaled Data in Excel.
- Following the Analyze Timescaled Data Wizard instructions, click the fields you want to export to Excel.
To learn other ways to export data from Project, see the related links in the See Also box, which is visible when you are connected to the Internet.
Timescaled information is also known as timephased information.
If you don't see any information exported, then you may not have
specified which fields to use in the
wizard. Re-run the wizard and select
the fields you want to export in step 2 of the wizard.
The wizard does not export resource assignment information.
You may also want to check out this link: Export Project data to another file format.