I'm on Ubuntu, and using gedit for some minor programming stuff. I'm wondering if anyone knows a keyboard shortcut to switch between the text area and the bottom pane (shell, command prompt, or whatever they're calling it now). I've seen how-to for opening/closing panes and switching tabs, but starting to think switching between the bottom pane and the text area isn't doable.


Press Ctrl+Tab to go to bottom pane and Ctrl+Shift+Tab to go back.


I do it pressing F6. Pressing Ctrl+Tab, like said by our friend, we just get to switch to the previous/next tab.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.