Is there a way to do file transfers on a remote PC (off the LAN) using something similar to the unix/Linux SCP command?
WinSCP is a good one (and free). It has a console mode version as well.
If you really want to do it "Linux style", install Cygwin and add scp (I believe it's part of the SSH package).
pscp <windows path where the file exists> username@linuxMachineAddress<path>
pscp C:\Documents\helloWorld.txt firstname.lastname@example.org:/home/firdooze/Desktop/.
Nicely packaged cygwin/rsync + GUI tool - Deltacopy
From the Web site:
- Incremental backup - Copies part of the file that is actually modified
- Task scheduler - Profiles in DeltaCopy can run based on a schedule
- Email notification - Administrators can receive email confirmation on successful as well as failed transfers
- One-click restore - Backed up files can be easily restored.
- Windows friendly environment - No need to manually modify configuration files or play around with command line options.