Have you tried steps like these (from a message board post):
1) Disable automatic driver downloads:
- Start menu -> Right click Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System Settings (top left) -> Hardware -> Windows Update Drivers Settings -> Select "Never check for drivers when I connect a device." -> OK -> Apply -> OK
2) Turn off SSDP Discovery:
- Start menu -> Type in "services.msc" without quotes and press Enter -> Scroll to "SSDP Discovery" -> Right click and select Properties -> Change Startup Type to "Disabled" -> Apply -> OK
3) Uninstall ENE CIR Receiver:
- Start menu -> Right click Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Click the + beside Human Interface Devices -> Right click "ENE CIR Receiver" and select Uninstall -> MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE UNINSTALL SOFTWARE BOX ON THE PROMPT (this will take the Microsoft eHome Infrared Trasceiver with it) -> OK -> Let the uninstall take place -> Reboot the computer
4) Preventing installation of IR device drivers:
- Upon reboot you will receive a prompt asking you if you want to install the device drivers -> SELECT "NEVER FOR THIS DEVICE"
5) Turn ON SSDP Discovery:
- Follow directions from earlier and select "Manual" from the drop down menu (Startup Type) -> Apply -> OK
Have you tried just disabling the IR transceiver?