I have two Windows 7 Professional computers that I sometimes want to transfer large amounts of files between on my home LAN. I want to designate a folder as shared, and give any unauthenticated user on my LAN full read and write access to everything in it.
Things I have tried:
- Folder Properties / Sharing / Advanced Sharing:
- Check "Share this Folder"
- Permissions: Check "Allow" on everything for user "Everyone"
- Network and Sharing Center
- Joined a common HomeGroup
- Under "Advanced sharing settings", selected:
- Turn on network discovery
- Turn on file and printer sharing
- Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the Public folders
- Use 128-bit encryption to help protect file sharing connections
- Turn off password protected sharing
- Allow windows to manage homegroup connections
- Unshared and re-shared the folder after all this
Still I am being told I don't have permission to read the share