One day my computer was working fine and the next it won't boot properly.
- Toshiba Satellite T235D-S1345RD (Laptop)
- Windows 7 x64
- BIOS 1.7
- 4GB RAM
I have gotten the computer booted one time. I am unsure why it did that time but did not do it another time. Since that one time I put the computer in hibernate and when I tried to bring it out it told me it failed when coming out of hibernate so it went to reboot and now it won't boot.
Here are the few steps I have done to try and get it working. When it boots up it gives me an error message (says that power failed or for some reason it did not boot)
- I have run "Repair Computer" and it does not do anything.
- I try and start Windows normally and it goes no where.
So I then tried F8 and got into the Advanced Boot Menu. First one I tried was Start Windows From Last Known Good Configuration.
- When it does that the computer will start to boot up go to the "Windows Loading" screen and then it flashes a blue screen and it goes back to the boot screen and acts like it is restarting and continues in that loop.
- The blue screen says
UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME. Not sure what else I should do after I get that error message.
- It also says that if it's the first time I've seen the error screen, to restart the computer. Then it tells me if it appears again, to check and make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.
Entered F8 again, and tried the Repair Computer option.
- It loads to a black screen with a Cursor but nothing ever happens. I have given it over 30 min and nothing happens.
- I tried to boot up in Safe Mode
- Again, when it loads it flashes a blue screen and then nothing.
- I read somewhere to try and use a recovery disk to try and recover windows.
- I did not have one so I downloaded one from the net and it is an ISO format.
- I told the BIOS to boot from the USB first and it just sits and does nothing.
- I come to you guys here on this site.
I am a bit perplexed and lost at what to do. I wonder if this is a virus but I cannot get the computer to respond to try to get into it to check. Ideas? Advice? What should I try? I can get into the F8 menu but not sure what else I should try. I will try anything to get this computer up and running!