Somehow or other I have managed to switch on the print margin lines in Excel 2010. I cannot seem to turn them off. I went to Page Layout->Page Setup->Print Area->Clear Print Area but the lines remain on my screen. Any ideas to get rid of them?
I have Excel 2007 so I'm giving the instructions to hide page break lines for Excel 2007, but it should be applicable to Excel 2010 as well:
- Click on the Office button in the top left corner.
- Select the Excel Options button at the bottom right side of the Office menu.
- Select Advanced in the left column.
- Scroll down to the Display Options for this Worksheet section.
- Uncheck the box marked Show Page Breaks.
- Click OK.
You can create a macro and a custom button for your ribbon to toggle them on/off so you don't have to go through the Options every time.
Sub TogglePageBreaks() ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks = Not ActiveSheet.DisplayPageBreaks End Sub
I created/saved this macro to the Personal.xlsb file (see Copy your macros to a Personal Macro Workbook).
I then added a button to my Excel 2010 Ribbon for the macro (see How to add your own Macros to Excel Ribbon).
Clicking it toggles the page breaks on and off in any spreadsheet you open.