I've discovered Firefox Sync a while ago, and it's absolutely awesome. Now of course I'd like most of my software to work this way! So is there a way to get the same behavior with Thunderbird?
There are a couple of options I have used:
- Google Sync which syncs your contacts to Google.
- Contact sync like Addressbooks Synchronizer software which uploads your contacts to a server. (I used an IMAP folder.)
- Export contacts and load them into LDAP.
- Use Zindus to sync contacts. (Same idea as the second option above.)
- Other similar sync options. Search addons for sync.
EDIT: Contact sync software maintains a copy of your contacts somewhere and synchronizes your contacts to the that copy. The cycle is usually something like:
- Download synchronization copy from server.
- Update local copy with changes.
- Generate new synchronization copy and upload to server.
I am currently using gContactSync to sync my contacts.