I always used to wake up to my favorite radio station on my alarm clock. However, I have moved and can no longer get that radio station over the air. To solve this problem, I would like to stream the station on my laptop, but have it muted overnight, then set it to unmute at a specific time in the morning, so that it will act as an alarm clock. Is there a way to schedule my laptop (Windows 7 64-bit) to unmute at a specific time?
You can use mute.exe and schedule a task to unmute your system volume at a specific time. Just follow these instructions:
- Click the start orb, type “Task Scheduler”, and press Enter.
- Click “Create New Task” (not basic).
- Name it “Unmute”.
- Go to the “Triggers” tab.
- Click “New” (defaults to schedule).
- Enter the frequency and time you want the unmute to occur and click “OK”.
- Go to the “Actions” tab.
- Click “New” (defaults to run program).
- Browse for “Mute.exe” and put in the necessary argument, e.g.
Offand click “OK”.
- Go to the “Conditions” tab.
- Here, define how long you want the computer to be idle before activating the unmute.
- Click “OK”.
To mute, you can create another task following the above steps with the argument