I've recently moved to France from the UK and have a UK QWERTY keyboard, but certain symbols have been swapped such as the at symbol and the double quote. I'm using Windows 7 French version, with the language changed to EN-GB in the system tray.

Is there an easy way to change the keyboard mapping to the UK standard?


You can manage keyboard layouts through the Control Panel.

Clock, Language, and Region -> Change keyboard or other input methods

Keyboard language dialog

| improve this answer | |
  • Thanks! That did the trick - took me a while to find that, as everything in windows is in French... ;-) – Matthew Dresser Jan 27 '12 at 11:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.