I'm in the market for a new keyboard, and I'm having trouble finding one that fits what I need.
I've seen these questions answered here and other places before, but they're usually along the lines of "What's the best keyboard?" or "What's your favorite keyboard?"
My question is: Is anyone aware of a keyboard that meets the following requirements / options? Optionally (as I want true answers and not opinions) how did you like the keyboard if you've used it?
Here are my requirements (please tell me if any are unreasonable or not recommended):
- Mechanical Keys (Topre, Cherry MX Brown, Cherry MX Clear, Cherry MX Blue, in that order)
- PS/2 (for full nkey rollover, and sub-10ms response)
- Double width backspace and single line enter keys, as in the example image below
- Wired (obviously, given PS/2)
- Laser etched keys
The following would be EXTREMELY nice, but aren't necessary:
- Braided cable sheath (I have a Logitech G500 Mouse, and I really like the cable on that)
- Gold plating on switches, contacts, cables, etc.
The following would be nice in my dreams, but I don't expect any keyboards to actually have these features:
- Numpad on left (plenty of room there on my desk, not on the right)
I do not need media controls or special function keys. I would like to have a fully programmable keyboard (a la Optimus Maximus), but I don't see myself using such a feature very frequently.
For reference, I would use the keyboard 55% for coding, 25% for web browsing, 10% for writing (emails, letters, etc.) and 10% for gaming.
All of the "requirements" are such, but the single line enter key is a deal breaker.
The Das Keyboard (pictured) comes close, but the Cherry MX Blue switches and USB-only are big turnoffs (mostly the USB, though I don't think I'd be happy with the Blue switches), and the added USB hub creates complexity that I'd rather not take away from the overall durability of the keyboard.
The Steelseries 7G comes very close, but the tiny backspace key and extra large enter key turn me completely off of it. Otherwise, I love the specs.
Is there such a keyboard in existence?