I have disabled the service for the player but why is it enabled in the first place and how do I get rid of it? (Do not want to play media sharing at work)
- Go to Network and Sharing Center (found by clicking your wireless/Ethernet icon in your taskbar)
- Select Homegroup and Sharing Options
- Select Choose Media Streaming Options
- Click Block All
It's also possible to disable the media sharing from Services
- Click "Start" and select the "Control Panel."
- Go to "Administrative Tools" and open "Services."
- Find "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" and double-click on it.
- Click "Stop" under the "General" tab and then select "Ok."
1.Open Notepad and Paste:
sc config "WMPNetworkSvc" start= disabled
sc stop "WMPNetworkSvc"
2.Save File (Example): _WMP_Sharing_Disable.bat
3.Right-Button => Run as Administrator