Getting my terms confused here:

The "taskbar" is the entire bar with the launcher, program icons, clock, show-desktop-button and little group of icons called the....

enter image description here

  • 1
    You mean the system tray? – Michael S. Mar 19 '12 at 19:42
  • That's it. Make it an answer and ill give you the easy points :p – Mikey Mar 19 '12 at 19:43

That is your "Notification Area" or "System Tray".

More info from here:

The system tray is located in the Windows Taskbar, usually at the bottom right corner next to the clock. It contains miniature icons for easy access to system functions such as antivirus settings, printer, modem, sound volume, battery status, and more.

And from Wikipedia:

The notification area is the portion of the taskbar that displays icons for system and program features that have no presence on the desktop as well as the time and the volume icon. It contains mainly icons that show status information, though some programs, such as Winamp, use it for minimized windows... The notification area is commonly referred to as the system tray, which Microsoft states is wrong, although the term is sometimes used in Microsoft documentation, articles, and software descriptions.

| improve this answer | |

Your system tray look different than mine, because your taskbar is placed on the right. But I am quite confident that you are searching for the term "system tray".

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.