Word 2010 proofing tools are changing misspelled words how they want. For example I wanted to write the word Like, but I typed Leke and Word 2010 changed this to Lake without any warning.

Is there any option to just underline misspelled words so I can correct them how I want?

I am talking about proofing tools for non-English language.

  • 1
    disable auto correction May 6, 2012 at 9:35
  • yes, but that will disable all corrections
    – Shark4Ever
    May 6, 2012 at 10:11
  • 1
    @shark4Ever just to be clear, it will disable the computer correcting things for you... it will not disable the computer from showing you where YOU need to make a correction. If you want the computer to read your mind to know that you meant Like instead of Lake, when you typed Leke... that's something else entirely.
    – Bon Gart
    May 6, 2012 at 14:56
  • @Shark4Ever You have confused disabling auto correction with disabling the dictionary altogether.
    – SnookerFan
    May 10, 2012 at 12:54

1 Answer 1


You can edit or remove individual AutoCorrect entries.

If you want to just underline misspelled words and not use AutoCorrect, you can disable it as Sb Sangpi said in a comment earlier.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.