I have HP Laptop that came with preinstalled Win 7. It actually had 4 primary partitions:
- 200 MB System partition that is not visible in Windows
- C: partition
- HP_Recovery partition of about 15 GB
- HP_Tools partition of about 5 GB
I wanted to add additional D: partition for data, which was not possible since all existing partitions were primary. What I did was:
- Made an image of HP_Tools partition with Clonezilla
- Deleted HP_Tools partition with GParted
- Created new Extended partition with GParted
- Copied existing Primary partition HP_Recovery inside Extended partition, thus creating a new Logical partition (again with GParted)
- I deleted original Primary partition HP_Recovery with GParted
- I created 6GB empty Logical partition HP_Tools with GParted
- I created partition D: and arranged sizes in GParted
I rebooted into Windows, there was a standard CHKDSK screen, after which Win 7 booted w/o problems.
However, when I tried starting Repair Your Computer at the startup menu, and I got the 0xc0000225 Error code and a message: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.
I tried this solution: Using GParted to Resize Your Windows 7 or Vista Partition, no success.
I also tried solving the problem with BCDEasy, manually pointing to *.wim file. But with BCDEasy I can only add a new entry (there's no entry for Repair Your Computer option). Either way, when I try this solution I get 0xc0000017 Error: Ramdisk device creation failed due to insufficient memory
Anyone have an idea? I'm refusing to give up :) since I believe I only need to point to the correct disk/file to get this working. But I just don't see how.