I'm not a huge fan of iTunes and don't use it apart from listening to one podcast that's released several times a week.
Could someone please recommend me a lightweight Podcast listener for the mac so I don't have to deal with iTunes any more?
Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
You could use Juice. A bit about the app, from the website:
- Juice is free
- Juice supports more than 15 languages
- Juice supports multiple media players
- Juice is free software licensed under the GPL (open source)
- Juice's primary purpose is to manage podcasts
- Juice has a built-in directory with thousands of listed podcast feeds
- Juice has auto cleanup, authentication, centralized feed management and much more
- Juice is accessible for blind and visually impaired users (windows version only)
Better late than never, check out www.podgrasp.com.
App Store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/podgrasp/id530928805?ls=1&mt=12
I am not sure this is what you are looking for, but Miro is a podcast player as well, podcasts don't seem it's main focus though. It is an alternative to iTunes.