Yes, I've researched the question here, here, and at stackoverflow and I know this seems like a duplicate question. Therefore, I'm making my question more specific: "How can I keep leading zeroes in a comma delimited, double-quoted fields csv file when viewing in Excel 2010?"
My customer's requirements:
- Must be CSV file
- Must be able double click file to view in Excel
- Must keep leading zeroes, especially in the zip code field.
- Must double quote fields to keep comma in name field such as Donald Duck, Jr.
- If I don't double quote the fields then "=06953" works great, however Donald Duck, Jr. get split into two separate columns which is not acceptable.
- If, when double quoting my fields, I try "=""06953"" as this suggests, then I get ="06953" in my cell.