I know I can switch between two different accounts with Google Drive on the web, but, can I use two Google Drive accounts at the same time in Windows 7?
According to Google's official page It's not possible to use Google Drive for your Mac/PC with more than one account at the same time: Switch between multiple Google Drive accounts - Google Drive Help
It's not possible to use Google Drive for your Mac/PC with more than one account at the same time.
If you want to use Google Drive for your Mac/PC with a different account, disconnect the account you're signed into and sign into another account. We don't recommend doing this frequently, as you'll need to create a new Google Drive folder every time you switch accounts.
Another user posted a poor solution (in my opinion):
Setup multiple user-accounts on your computer, setup Google Drive client software under each user-account, syncing with a different Google account from each one. Share the folders with your main account. As long as you keep the other user-accounts logged in, Google Drive will keep syncing for all the accounts you've set up.
Try Insync which is a dropbox-like service for Google users that support multiple Google Drive accounts. I think this one will solve your problem. Hope it helps!
I've had the same problem, not only on my Mac but I also wanted to access all three of my Drives from my iPad and iPhone as well. I've found a small and simple workaround to simply combine your drives.
- Make a folder in your main drive called ‘My other Google Drive’ (or whatever you’d like to call it)
- On your other Google Drive, share your folder(s) with yourself (your main account) and adjust it so you ‘Can edit’
- On your main account, go to ‘Shared with me’ and drag this folder (or these folders) to the folder you just made (‘My other Google Drive’)
My answer from this question: Is it possible to have two Google Drive accounts running simultaneously on PC?
Yes. Recently Google added the feature "add account" to the Google Drive desktop application "Backup and Sync by Google", which makes it very easy to do.
- Follow the instructions to log in and sync whatever folders you want.
- They should stay synced/mirrored. I'm not sure if you restart the computer, you'll have to do this process again -- I haven't tested. There doesn't seem to be an option to see a list of your accounts currently added.
All options suggested here up until now are either hacks or cost money.
It seems that there is a new service in town, odrive, allows multiple accounts from multiple could services to be synced for free.
Hope they will stay free.