I have bought a Ultrabook and found that normal cables for LAN are not suitable for it.

There is a slot which seems to be for cables, but the height is too low.

What is the slot? What kind of cable should I buy?

enter image description here

  • 1
    Can you edit your question to provide the specific model and brand of this ultrabook? – iglvzx Jul 29 '12 at 1:40
  • hm, you need to use your macro mode better. I see a small pixelated orc. – Journeyman Geek Jul 29 '12 at 4:01

It is still the same, a normal RJ-45 plug:

enter image description here

As ultrabooks are much thin that a normal notebook, the female connector looks like smaller, a normal female RJ45 plug just wouldn`t fit on the ultrabook depth, so a mobile part was added with a spring that hold the male connector into the female. If you pull down the mobile part you will notive that is still the same.

  • 3
    In other words, There should be a hinge there to allow a standard rj45 plug... Can you drop the lower portion of the jack to enlarge the opening? – Brian Adkins Jul 29 '12 at 2:41
  • How to convert a "fat" one to a "thin" one? – user69835 Jul 30 '12 at 5:20
  • 3
    Your connector opens up to fit the larger connector, like a snake unhinging its jaws to eat a goat. – Journeyman Geek Jul 30 '12 at 11:58

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy