Is there any USB hub that is powered like some of the USB hard drives (connected to 2 ports at the same time). I want to avoid using AC adapter and use two USB ports to power a hub. Does anybody know any examples of such devices?

closed as off topic by Canadian Luke, Renan, Gaff, Nifle, slhck Aug 8 '12 at 7:50

Questions on Super User are expected to relate to computer software or computer hardware within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Do you mean, you want it powered by a Molex cable or some such? – Dave Aug 7 '12 at 12:32
  • I was thinking about double usb cable, something like lindy.co.uk/lindyshop/pictures/31784big.jpg – flying_tiger Aug 7 '12 at 12:39
  • I have a USB hard drive that has a cable like this (one end single, one end double). The cable can be used for other devices, but I never used it, and never understood what it was useful for... I'm curious what you would use it for. – jadkik94 Aug 7 '12 at 12:45
  • yeah, that's actually it, but I was thinking about something that offers more outputs like: amazon.com/D-Link-DUB-H7-High-Speed-7-Port/dp/B00008VFAF – flying_tiger Aug 7 '12 at 12:48

Do you mean like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003DA5U0E/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00 (see all pictures)

  • if anybody has different examples with more usb outputs without the card readers etc. please post, thanks. – flying_tiger Aug 7 '12 at 13:20

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.