In 64-bit Windows, it is no longer possible to enter hardware textmode in the terminal by hitting Alt+Enter. Is there a terminal/console software that supports emulation of VGA text modes?
AltEnter switch Fullscreen mode, and window state may be stored in settings (registry or xml). There are tabbar and status bar, but you may turn them off, if you dont need them. Also, you may choose any font for your pleasure.
A brief excerpt from the long list of options:
- Smooth resize, maximized and fullscreen window modes
- Use any font installed in the system, or copied to a folder of the program (ttf, otf, fon, bdf)
- Run selected tabs as Administrator (Vista+) or as selected user
- Windows 7 Jump lists and Progress on taskbar
- Integration with DosBox (useful in 64bit systems to run DOS applications)
- Scrollbar initially hidden, may be revealed by mouseover or checkbox in settings
- Optional settings (e.g. pallette) for selected applications
- User friendly text and block selection (from keyboard or mouse), copy, paste, text search in console
- ANSI X3.64 and Xterm 256 color