A user complained that they were having issues with MS Office 2007, and that the installation / configuration dialog kept appearing. I already tried uninstalling Office 2007 and I ended up needing to use the Microsoft Fix It package to uninstall it, since using the control panel failed.
- I close Microsoft Word.
- The Installer for Microsoft Office inexplicably opens.
- I then get a dialog that says I need to reboot.
- So I restart...
- Start Microsoft Word, Word starts up, and everything appears to be fine.
- I close word, and nothing much happens this is on the administrator account.
- I think everything is fixed so I call the user over to come try their account out.
- We login as the user, and the user tries to open a document in Word.
- The Configuration Progress Window reappears.
- It runs...and then Word appears.
- I close it and it appears to work, no window.
- I open it again and the Configuration Progress window appears yet again...
- Then Word opens up again, if I exit out and open up again I get the same Configuration Progress window.
I have no idea what is causing the Configuration Progress Window to come up..
Update: I attempted to install two updates: Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2687400) Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB967642)
Both of these updates failed.
Update: I attempted to install KB967642 manually and it failed.