Possible Duplicate:
How to change the text direction on Windows?

I was typing something in Chrome and all of a sudden, the text reversed. It was now typing Right-to-Left like Arabic instead of Left-to-Right. I tried elsewhere and it was fine. It only affected that particular textbox. After refreshing, everything was normal.

I think I might have hit some keys accidentally. Any idea how this happened and what I can do next time?

  • Is there any way to disable the hotkey, either in Chrome, or in Windows in general? – Gogowitsch Sep 28 '14 at 8:45

The right-to-left editing mode must've been activated by a keyboard short-shortcut. In Chrome, it's Ctrl + Left Shift and in Firefox it's Ctrl+Shift+X.

  • Just encountered this problem in Chrome on a Mac, and Ctrl+LeftShift fixed it for me. – popedotninja May 1 '17 at 16:32

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.