How do I change ConEmu settings such that always when I open it, it will start the cmd in a directory of my choosing instead of the default ConEmu folder?
In addition to the answer by Bruno Pereira.
1) Another way - create new task with "cmd" in Commands (if not already created) and add following into "Gui args" field of task properties, and choose this task on startup page (radio "Specified named task")
2) One more example - run shell like (Startup -> Command line)
Just edit your startup shortcut adding the
/Dir option as such:
ConEmu /Dir <path to desired directory>
Or on the shortcut properties change the Start in: path to something that fancies you
- Create new task
- In the first box put a name, e.g.
- In the third box copy this:
- Go to Startup and select the task from the "specified named task" menu.
In the task window, as in the top answer, use the following:
instead of a direct path to your home folder.
/dir thing didn't work for me with Powershell. I ended up putting the command as
powershell.exe -noexit D:\MyDocs like so:
and then set that to be the Startup task as already demonstrated in Maximus' answer: