XP Pro, SP3. Is it possible to resize PERMANENTLY program "File > Open" dialog boxes? (I know it's possible to hold down the Ctrl button whilst resizing but the new size is not "remembered")
File-Ex can enlarge the size of the default open/save dialog boxes and adds also several other features.
- Automatically enhances almost all Windows applications, saving you valuable time.
- Larger file window reduces scrolling clicks by up to 90%.
- Re-opens the last folder used so you don't have to hunt for it each time you open a file.
- Default to the sorting you like, and have it remember the column widths in details view.
- Remembers 100 recent and favorite folders / files, reducing clicks to the file you need.
- Create and open a new folders with fewer steps -- opens to the new folder automatically.
- Built-in Find tool searches all of your hard drives for files.
- ...and more!
- (Works in all versions of Windows from 95 to XP)
FileOpenPatcher can enlarge the Open dialog, by patching the relevant DLL. This one is free.
FileBox eXtender, an open-source product, will resize the file dialog, in addition to extending its functionality with a "Favorites" menu and a "Recent Folders" menu.