I am trying to cut and paste documents/files between share point portals in windows explorer view. Its not allowing me to do it. Is it a bug or any setting I can get it to work? thanks in advance.
A guess: to avoid dataloss (versions etc.) SharePoint might not offer that level of integration with Windows Explorer.
Cut and paste is lossy. Prefer to move.
- Change your System and Internet Explorer (Test it again with another system)
- do not test it in the server (that you install SharePoint)
- Change your Trusted location Setting in Internet Explorer
- test it only with internet explorer
- ensure that your client joined to domain
- ensure that user that login in windows same as login with IE
there are two ways to open :
with option that you open by SharePoint
by replaacing "\\" with "http://" and replace "\" with "/" : for example if
http://servername/sitename/DocLib1you are type : \\servername\sitename\DocLib1