How can i uninstall a program in Windows 8 in desktop without going to the start screen?
There are three ways to do this:
- Go to
Programs and featuresand there you may uninstall programs.
- Go to the installation directory of the program and run the uninstaller directly.
- Use a third-party tool such as CCleaner
Hint: You can open the control center via
I assume you are not wanting to know how to uninstall using the Start Menu.
Using the Start Menu
Right Click on the program you want to uninstall and click on uninstall program
Using the control Panel
- Press Windows Key + E
- Click on Computer in the upper toolbar
- Click on Add or Remove Program next to the icon for the Control Panel
- Uninstall your program
You can access the control panel from the File Explorer browsing your Computer, then Uninstall a program.
Uninstalling a program is quite similar to in Windows 7. From the start screen, just go to Control Panel > More settings > Programs and Features, and select the program to Uninstall.
If you know where the uninstaller for a program is, you can also find it directly using the File Explorer.
To uninstall a Metro/Modern UI application, right-click the application, and click Uninstall from the menu that pops up.
- Move your mouse pointer to the bottom left corner, and right-click the Start button when it appears.
Alternatively press Windows + X.
- Click Programs and Features.
WinX menu also has Control Panel item.
- Move your mouse pointer to upper or bottom right corner of the screen, Charms Bar will appear.
Alternatively, press Windows + C.
- Click Settings.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program.