I would like to know what this cable is for? One end is usb and the other end small pin that has a B on it. the printing on the cable reads: HI-SPEED USB Revision 2.0 SHIELDED 28/AWG/1PR+26AWG/2C (UL) E305668 TYPE CM 75o C MSL

  • What has windows 7 to do with this (title: windows 7 usb cable usage) – Hennes Nov 6 '12 at 16:41
  • What does windows 7 have to do with a USB cable? The cable doesn't care what operating system it is plugged into. – Don Simon Nov 6 '12 at 16:41
  • 1
    Any chance you can link to an image? – Dave M Nov 6 '12 at 16:45

The 'U' in USB stands for 'Universal'. This means that whatever it fits in, it works with.

The 'B' end is a small form-factor USB connector commonly used by cameras, phones - small portable devices in which a type 'A' USB port (the type you'll find on your computer) would be too big.

Essentially, it's not specifically 'for' anything. A USB cable will work with any device whose port it fits in.

| improve this answer | |

It's a MiniUSB cable. Connects USB from a computer to items with a small USB (some scanners, some printers, cameras, older cell phones like BB's).

The OS is irrelevant.

| improve this answer | |

Have a look at some of the cables here at the Startech Site and see if something is close.

When you say 'pin" I think of thespecialized USB cables shipped with some digital cameras a few years ago. Each maker seened to make a unique cable. They all seem to have come around to standardized USB form factors now.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.