First of all I'm danish so my English is probably flawed. At my company I've had some complaints that after having installed Chrome certain pages on our intranet website was off limits.
So I took two completely similiar machines, Lenovo T520, Windows Vista 32bit same Internet Explorer version (9) Same java version (7.9) and same windows updates..
this error is in danish and I translated it to English
SCRIPT5007: The value of this document cannot be collected The object is null or not defined. XXX.js, line 32 number 7
These 2 machines, are now completely identical, except one of them used to have Chrome installed. but only one of them works. My limited experience tells me its a changed safety setting somehow. I had this confirmed cause I went to internet settings in Explorer.. and turned off what in danish is called 'beskyttet tilstand' and I guess its translation is 'safe mode'
And now it works on the machine that used to have Chrome, but! On the other machine it works even with 'safe mode activated'
The machine that had Chrome installed is only now able to enter this hyperlink if the safe mode is off while the machine that never had Chrome installed is able to access the same link with safe mode activated. and believe me the machines are otherwise identical, and never been used.
I know this is a rather big 'rant' so if my information is insufficient please let me know.