I used Vimium recently and was fascinated about its 'link hunt mode' feature. I wonder if there exists any tool like it in Windows such that pressing F would auto-assign a key combination for all UI components (checkbox, textbox, dropdown list, etc.) on a Windows form and then pressing that key combination would focus the corresponding UI element.


5 Answers 5


The LabelControl AutoHotkey script can overlay buttons, controls, and other interface elements with a number. You can access the interface controls at any time by inputting the number that belongs to one of them.

E.g. here is a GIF of the LabelControl AutoHotkey script with its numbers:

enter image description here

(LabelControl AutoHotkey script: http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/index.html#LabelControl).

I haven’t tried it though.


You can try using Hunt and Peck.enter image description here


Fluent Search has a Screen Search feature that works with any application. You can just set a key-binding to invoke it and use it.



Press Alt once in newer MS Office products (I guess >=2010) to get a 'link hunt mode'-style key shortcuts.

  • 1
    Yes. Windows Ribbon framework is quite good.But what about other apps which don't have ribbon. Feb 28, 2014 at 6:29

Another cool software is KeyMouse. It's newer and more actively developedthan the Hunt and Peck.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .