Tonight I setup my new Asus RT-n56u dual-band router. I love the thing. I can successfuly connect my two external HDD enclosure (containing 2x1TB drives) to the router. Unfortunately the router only sees 1TB and thinks it's entirely full. When I access the drive via Finder in OSX the drive appears empty and I can't see my partitions.
My assumption is that the Asus Firmware can only read a particular Filesystem type for the external disks which happens to not be the one I've used when reformatting my drives previously. Does anyone know if this is true, and if so which filesystem is needed?
For clarity, here's my setup:
- OSX Mountain Lion
- Brand new Asus RT-n56u
- Custom Firmware 22.214.171.124-027
- Rosewill dual hdd enclosure.
- 2x1TB hard drives in the enclosure.
Some other notes:
- Previous router was an Apple Time Capsule (slow)
- HDD Network Access via Finder with Time Capsule has worked to my expectation (I can see/read/write to each partition).
- I get the same behavior (drives 100% full, no files or partitions found) when using the firmware that came on the router pre-installed, as well as the most up-to-date version from ASUS' site (3.0.something).
- Data on the partitions mainly backups and media (music/photos/videos, etc.)
Any help would be truly appreciated.