I merged 2 partitions using other software, instead of using Windows' tool (Administrative Tools->Computer Management->Disk Management). Is there any way to un-merge those 2 partitions, or at least somehow turn a hard drive from a dynamic disk type to a basic disk type, so I could 'cut' some space and make new partition without formatting whole drive?


There is tool, called EASEUS Partition Master, which can resize dynamical disks, and make them non dynamical. However home edition wont let you do this, because it doesnt support batch operations, so you'll have either to make bootable cd or flash drive

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.