Occasionally I find the need to include an ellipsis in my writing. I could just use three periods, but that's bad typography. Is there a way to insert … just using the keyboard? Similar to how you can insert — by holding down Alt and pressing 0150 on the numberpad. Is there a similar combination for inserting an ellipsis?


In Windows it's alt+0133 on the numberpad.

  • What can one do without a numberpad, commonly missing on laptops. Nevermind, superuser.com/questions/372748/…
    – Screenack
    Jul 23 '17 at 15:40
  • I would upvote this answer, but active participation on StackExchange feels too much like tacit endorsement of their terrible treatment of one of their most valued contributors. meta.stackexchange.com/questions/336526/… Nov 15 '19 at 1:15
  • 1
    @Screenack, on many laptops there is a special key that makes a part of the keyboard act as a numberpad.
    – hagello
    Oct 22 '20 at 7:21

Microsoft Office applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) accept the following shortcut:


(found by my pleasantly surprised cat)


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.