I got two routers. A D-link DSL and an Aztech HW5503g. I connect to internet through dlink. The default ip address of dlink is 192.168.1.1 and that of aztech is 192.168.2.1. As I want the computers connected in in two router to use the same subnet, i configured as said in http://routersetup.blogspot.in/2007/08/connecting-two-routers-wired.html ie disabled DHCP in aztech and connected the two routers on the numbered ethernet port (not WAN). Everything works fine. I can access internet with any router. The problem is I cant access web interface of second router( Aztech 192.168.1.2) when i connected through either of the router. How can I access the web interface in second router in this setup?
If I understand correctly, and just talking about the routing problem:
- router1 IP/network is still 192.168.1.1/24 (or in other words, 192.168.1.1/255.255.255.0)
- router2 IP/network has been changed to be 192.168.1.2/24 (iow, 192.168.1.2/255.255.255.0) ?
Did you really change his network to ? it seems as if you did not.
For example if you changed it to, say, 192.168.1.2/32 (or 192.168.1.2/255.255.255.255) it would explain the problem: any request outside of its lan (ie anything else than from 192.168.1.2/32) would then be routed to the default gateway if there are no specific routes saying something more precise, and that default gateway is probably on another interface altogether (wan?)
You should then:
- reset router2 to its default
- connect to its lan interface with a laptop/pc, with that laptop/pc in the good (default) network too (if your router has dhcp by default, just let it assign a correct ip. If not, put an IP on your PC that is in the same lan as the router2 default network, and on a different IP than the router2 default IP)
- check network config: assign it the 192.168.1.2/24 ip (or 192.168.1.2 / 255.255.255.0)
Ok, going in setting the IP on the Aztech as something in the other routers range whilst still letting it be DHCP in the first step, then going back in and setting it to relay on in the second step solves the problem.
Assign the ip for the aztech router the same ip on the first router with the aztech mac address (reserve the IP).
Make sure attached PC is given a static ip in the range so it can talk to both routers.