I'm using Ditto Clipboard Manager and wish to share the clipboard on multiple machines on my home network. I've heard that you can do this but haven't found any help on it.
Yes you must be running Ditto on every machine, that you want to share on the network.
- Right click on the Ditto ball & select Options
- go to the Friends tab & put ALL names you wish to share or use their IP's; separate each one with a semicolon.
- go down to the bottom & insert each one of the machines into the Send All to; make sure there is an X in Send All.
- Once that is done go to the Exporting machine; Bring up the Ditto Window, however you wish; either by Left clicking on Ditto Ball or using Hot Keys.
- Then use Control CTL + A to select All clips on your clipboard;
- then right click on anywhere on the Ditto Pop-Up Window & use the Send To Option in the Pop-Up Menu. There you have it Sent All Clips To Network Machine.
Bring up the list (Ctrl + ' or whatever). Right click and export. Save file and transfer to other machine. You can then import by right clicking on the notification icon.
As for syncing automatically, there is the friends tab in options but I don't really think it helps. You can specify the database location though, so maybe setting that as the same network location for all machines could work?
I found the best way to do it is to copy the db from one computer to another. navigate to /users/your name/appdata/roaming/ditto/ditto.db and copy "ditto.db"
the path may be different dependinbg on your OS, but the point is you can copy the database, including whatever hot keys you have programed.
reverse the process on the other computer & paste it.
I understand you can make the computers to sync ditto if they are on the same network, but I have not been able to get that to work.