I had a file with my important data on it in my previous windows 7 professional. I formatted the partition on which windows was installed and split it into 4.

Now I want to recover the file from the previous partition that was deleted. Can this be done? If yes, how?


You could try software like minitool partition wizard as shown here. But I don't really think it will work because you have created other partitions that fill the disk.

| improve this answer | |
  • i tried many recovery softwares nothing worked :/ Btw thanks for your recommendation – Franco Jan 11 '13 at 18:18
  • @FarhanKarim - If those tools didn't work then the file CANNOT be restored. The file has already been overwritten with data. – Ramhound Feb 5 '13 at 12:21

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.