I want to buy laptop for programming in Java.
And I don't know which features of processor is more important for programming (not gaming!) purposes.
- Is Frequency (MHz) important?
- Is L3 cache (KB) is important?
- Is Hyper-Threaded 2-core processor much slower than processor with 4 cores (not Hyper-Threaded)?
Usually I'm running:
- Programming IDE (Eclipse / IDEA)
- Application server like Glassfish/JBoss
- Database (e.g. MySQL)
- Web-browser with many opened tabs + Skype
P.S. In fact, I don't know which processor is more suited for me: Intel i5 3210M or AMD A10-4600M. - Here comparison of processors. Laptop with A10 have slightly powerful configuration. Prices are same.