I just bought an HP MSA30 hard drive array. I believe it's the dual bus model because the interface card looks like this....

enter image description here

Can anyone tell me what type of cable I need to connect this to my server? I have an HP Proliant DL380 and it has an integrated SCSI interface on the mobo that looks like this....

enter image description here

I believe I need a 30-pin VHDCI to VHDCI cable to get things working properly...is that correct?

enter image description here

  • 2
    Looks like ultra-scsi to me. Was there no manual with this? – ott-- Feb 13 '13 at 21:38
  • Look at the website where you bought it, it should say. – cutrightjm Feb 13 '13 at 21:47
  • Well, I bought it from an online Ebay store. The only thing they mention about a cable is that they do not include one...but you can buy it for an additional sum of money. What is confusing me is that I've been reading online, and it seems like the cable I need is being called different things. So I've heard that I need SCSI, 30-pin VHDCI, 30-pin SCSI...I'm assuming these are all the same cable. – Jay.Kel Feb 13 '13 at 21:59

According to the HP Website, the HDD array is VHDCI. The server looks like HD68 to me. So you would need VHDCI to HD68, like this.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.