I have some .mkv 1080p videos but VLC can't play them smoothly.
If I open the Task Manager, I can see that CPU is at 100%, because VLC uses as much as it can (95% or more).
Then, I wonder
- Is it a CPU problem, because it's slow?
- Is it a GPU problem because it isn't so good, so the CPU must do all work?
- Is it a player problem, because it's a VLC bug, or it doesn't use the right codec, or doesn't support hardware acceleration?
- Is it a OS problem, because XP it's too old?
- CPU: DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2, 2200 MHz (11 x 200) 4200+
- GPU: nVIDIA nForce 6100-430
- Player: VLC v2.0.5
- OS: Windows XP SP3