Whenever I play a video with multiple audio tracks on vlc the first audio track is played. How do I enable both tracks so that I hear both tracks playing at the same time while playing the video?
Launch VLC with the following command line options:
vlc --sout-all --sout #display
All audio tracks in the file will play.
One of the possible ways is to to run multiple instances of VLC. This page from VLC wiki details how this can be done; in a nutshell:
- Windows: Tools > Preferences... > Interface > playlist and instances:
- uncheck "Allow only one instance"
- uncheck "use only one instance when started from file manager"
- OS X:
- paste the code below into a new AppleScript Editor script
- save it as an application
on run do shell script "open -n /Applications/VLC.app" tell application "VLC" to activate end run on open theFiles repeat with theFile in theFiles do shell script "open -na /Applications/VLC.app " & quote & (POSIX path of theFile) & quote end repeat tell application "VLC" to activate end open
The following link will help you solve your problem but using WMM http://www.thewindowsclub.com/play-audio-tracks-simultaneously-windows-live-movie-maker