In the last months I've been experiencing multiple hardware failures that cannot be totally unrelated:
- My prosumer PCI audio card (Delta 1010LT) was randomly not being recognized at startup. I had to "Scan for new hardware" several times in order to see it under the "Device manager". For a long time, I've been thinking the problem was caused by the audio card itself.
- A week ago my "primary" video card (I have two video cards) started not to get recognized as well. I removed it (thinking it was defective) and started using the "secondary" video card as replacement.
- Today my integrated Wi-Fi adapter started doing weird things: the wi-fi speed randomly drops to 1 Mbps, and I had to disable 802.11n mode on the router (it always worked so far!) and fallback to 802.11g in order to get a (still slow) 3-4 Mbps rate. Other PCs on the same Wi-Fi network work like before, so the network is fine.
- If I play Starcraft, the wi-fi connection drops in a few minutes and I cannot play online.
- GPU-Z reports that my PCI-Express 16x bus is running at 4x (even under graphic rendering).
I'm thinking of three possible causes:
- The motherboard is broken
- The PSU is faulty and it is no longer able to deliver enough power to all the hardware components
- An incredible sequence of random coincidences
Please, can you help me understand what's going on?