nearly daily some service is starting a task and never finishs. This task uses an entiry cpu core, which results in high fan activity.
Using ProcessExplorer I found out that it might be a service which is running and never stopping. But I simple can't figure out which service.
From ProcessExplorer it's said:
Command Line: taskhost.exe Time
Some help on figuring this out would really be appreciated.
(I already googled a lot, stopped services, looked through all services)
- I'm not sure, but I think the problem is there since I bought the notebook (Dell XPS 12 Duo). Thought it was some Dell or Intel software and removed a lot of the preinstalled things
- Always had a antivirus software running (Antivir Premiun and now Kaspersky Pure)
After asking the question I've updated the following drivers/software, maybe one of them was the cause:
- Dell BIOS A04 -> A05
- Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework
- Intel Smart Connect
Still have the issue 3 years.
What else I tried:
- Complete reinstallation, even used Windows 8 again -> still the same
- Using Snappy Driver Installer to really get latest drivers
- Used Linux for a while -> This works, so it is just some problem with Windows